Each year, SMBSF offers a limited number of grants to individuals, sailing teams, and sailing programs that demonstrate a need for extra funding. Requests may be made for educational expenses, regatta fees, and other costs of participating in sailing events and activities. SMBSF also assists sailing programs by partially funding safety equipment needs and much more. If you have a question as to which request form is appropriate for you, feel free to contact us with your questions. Please use the pulldown choices on the tab for this page to select your request type.
Although grant requests may be made at any time, grants are only awarded during regularly scheduled meetings occurring no fewer than five times per year. It is important to submit your Grant Request at least one week (seven days) in advance of the meeting. This will provide the Board of Directors the time needed to review your paperwork. It is important that those submitting requests be aware of and plan submissions in accordance with this review and award schedule.
- Requests that are not submitted on time or are incomplete may be reviewed at the next meeting.
- A request for funding does not guarantee funding.
- Awards may be granted for the full amount or only a portion of the requested amount.
- Those requesting grants are required to enter into a Grant Agreement with the SMBSF which states the terms and conditions of the grant.
- The award of a grant neither precludes subsequent requests for similar or different purposes by the same grantee nor guarantees a subsequent award for the same or different purposes.
All meetings are open to the public (except for executive sessions) and held on the second Monday of each month at 7:00pm at Del Rey Yacht Club 13900 Palawan Way, Marina del Rey, California 90292.